quarta-feira, 23 de dezembro de 2009

Happy Holidays from The Michael J. Fox Foundation


Recebi e gostei muito...=)
"Dear Sara,
The holiday season is my favorite time of year.  I live many miles from home and absolutely cherish holiday visits with my family.  The baking, laughing, and reconnecting fill me with joy that sustains me throughout the year.

Spending these moments with my mother has been particularly meaningful since she was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease nearly five years ago.  News of her diagnosis was shocking to say the least.  Of course, learning of her diagnosis was just the beginning.  My mother’s journey living with the disease, and the journey of each of us who loves her, is a process of learning and adjustment.

I am happy to say that my mother -- through her optimism, active lifestyle, and invaluable medication -- is managing her disease amazingly well.  For this I am so thankful.  Still she has struggles, sometimes big, sometimes small, every day.  And, she must live with the fear of wondering what the future will look like.  It’s difficult to imagine how this must feel.

This is why I truly value The Michael J. Fox Foundation.  The Foundation is a tight-knit group of compassionate men and women -- guided by Michael’s vision and energy -- who work tirelessly to advance research that will improve the lives of individuals living with Parkinson’s disease, and ultimately lead to a cure.  The Foundation’s innovative, unique strategies and relentless pursuit give my mother and my family real hope.

My mother recently hosted two events that raised nearly $20,000 for the Foundation.  Watching her is a great inspiration.  These events not only raised money, they reminded participants that they each can effect change in their lives and in the lives of others.  This is why we give.  This is why I encourage you to give too.

I wish you and your loved ones a joyful, peace-filled holiday season . . . and a cure.

Sincerely,

Cori Ferraro"
Gente de esperança!=)
Tenho algumas novidades que gostava de vos falar, mas n tenho tido tempo e amanhã rumo a terras santas para passar o Natal.
Estou com a caixa cheia de emails de Natal, pelo que este ano não me apetece encher a caixa de ninguém. A quem por aqui passa: Feliz Natal...!!!!Para quem acredita: Saibamos receber o Menino Jesus e o seu amor!Feliz Nascimento!=)
Beijos
Sara

1 comentário:

Jan disse...

É NATAL!

=D